Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

My dad is 67 , has had hep C since early 80’s from blood transfusion. Cant afford treatments. Is there a cheaper alternative?

By Anonymous November 7, 2017 - 1:56am
Rate This

He dont smoke, drink or any kind of drug? He Has worked entire adult life, any suggestions would be very much heartfelt appreciated!!!

Add a Comment1 Comments

HERWriter Guide

Hello Anon

Thank you for writing and for looking out for your father.

His health care should (from a moral and ethical standpoint at the very least) be free since he contracted this virus through a blood transfusion. Have you looked into this?

There is a cure for Hep C. If your dad cannot afford to get these, he should apply to the drug manufacturer's of these drugs - some offer free treatments. He should also consider setting up a Go Fund Me - his situation is serious and this is exactly why these crowd-sourcing sites were set up in the first place. Even do a fundraiser night for him.
He can also ask his doctor for advice on getting free/low cost treatments. Now that there is a cure, your father should really be getting these treatments.

Please stay in touch with us-

November 7, 2017 - 5:05am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Hepatitis C

Get Email Updates

Hepatitis C Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!