Facebook Pixel

Arthritis Join this Group

I have a hard knot that in painful on the joint closest to the nail on my left hand middle ...

By February 5, 2011 - 1:29pm

I have only been to my General Practicioner, and she does not want to give me a referral for this painful bump on my joint. I have been given Voltaren for pain. I am wondering if there is anything any other doctor would do.

EmpowHER Guest
By Anonymous February 6, 2011 - 10:23am

Hi Coffeelover,
If you are in pain and your physician has not provided you with an answer, I would certianly get a second opinion. Pain medication is only a temporary solution to the main issue which is the knot.

Did you have any testing done on the knot to find out what is actually is? Remember that not all physicians are knowledgeable in all areas and therefore a second opinion may be necessary.

Good luck and keep us posted.

February 6, 2011 - 10:23am

Group Leader

Related Topics


To share solutions for dealing with arthritis


This Group is Open to all EmpowHER.com members