- Mohs micrographic surgery—microscopically controlled surgery that offers the best cure rate for squamous cell carcinoma
- Removing the growth with simple surgery
- Freezing the growth off with liquid nitrogen
- Radiotherapy, also known as radiation therapy
- Photodynamic therapy in which the cells absorb an acid that causes them to die when exposed to light
- Creams, especially fluorouracil (5-FU) or imiquimod
- Plastic surgery to repair any cosmetic problems that occur after treatment
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Copyright © 2022 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.