Toner is great for people with acne-prone skin or people that have a lot of skincare products in their daily routine. Some beauty experts even suggest that everyone use it. But what exactly does toner do?
1. It restores your skin’s pH balance
Every time you wash your face, the pH balance can get out of balance because of the alkaline in soap. Your skin needs to get back into balance to prevent your skin from becoming too dry or too oily.
2. It refreshes skin
3. It is also known as the primer of that face
Apply toner like you would a makeup primer. It preps the skin before applying all other skincare products in your routine.
4. It tightens your pores
Tightening your pores can make your skin appear more flawless. It also makes it harder for dirt to penetrate into the pores that can cause breakouts.
Here is a list of some toners that are ranked as Top Free in the SkinSAFE database. Top Free means that they are free of the top common allergens.
1. Mario Badescu Aloe Vera Toner
2. VMV Hypoallergenics SuperSkin 1 Monolaurin + Mandelic Acid Toner for Dry Skin
3. Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil Free Toner
4. Boots Simply Sensitive Refreshing Gentle Toner
5. The Body Shop Aloe Calming Toner
To find more products free of the top common allergens, visit skinsafeproducts.com.
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.