Each person drops about 100 hairs a day, which is considered normal. But how correctly to distinguish the norm from the pathology?
If you notice that the hair falls in bundles or remains in large quantities on clothes, on the comb, in the drain of the bath, you should think hard. The problem here really is, and it consists in a malfunction in the work of the whole organism, caused by some deviation. There is already need to not just look after the appearance, but worry about your health. To whom to address in this case? Since the symptom noted was associated with the cover of the scalp, it is worth consulting with the trichologist.
The competent specialist will determine the cause of the disease, prescribe an additional diagnosis and the correct course of treatment.
Causes of hair loss
Each hair is from 4 to 7 years old. Approximately 90% of the hairline is in the active growth stage; the remaining 10% is at rest. Within half a year passive hairs weaken and fall out, and in their place grow new. In the normal operation of the body, this mechanism of self-creation works without interruptions, and the person does not feel excessive erosion.
What influences the work of hair follicles? Some systemic diseases, mechanical damage or nervous exhaustion and so on. That is why the hairline is an excellent indicator of the physical and psychological health of a person:
- poor nutrition, lack of vitamins B, C, PP, zinc, iron, magnesium;
- improper cosmetic care, exposure to too high or low temperatures;
- emotional overstrain (falling out may begin 1-2 months after stress);
- hormonal leaps (often occurs in women during pregnancy and lactation, in the elderly);
- problems in the digestive tract;
- diseases of the endocrine system;
- long-term use of certain medications;
- genetic predisposition.
What reason for your hair loss? One or more? Will you be able to correctly determine this without the help of a specialist and choose an independent treatment?
How to prevent hair loss?
The problem of thinning the hair shaft can easily be prevented if you follow your diet, avoid stress, and provide quality cosmetic care. To strengthen and protect against the loss, you can use natural vegetable rinses.
However, it is necessary to distinguish prophylaxis from full-fledged therapy. We do not recommend self-medication, because the use of improper means can only worsen the condition. Do not rely on advertising cosmetics, which at best give only a temporary effect.
To nourish and improve the appearance of hair, it is important to use a means that are suited to you by type. Determine and get a qualified referral for the purchase of care products you can see in our clinic. The doctor with the help of a trichoscopy will determine your hair type and advise a good shampoo from falling out.
We do not aim to sell to our patients any definite means. The name of a shampoo or mask can be from a pharmacy series or simply from a cosmetics store. The main thing is that it suits your type and problem.
Methods of alopecia treatment
We are sure that all the resources for a full restoration of the hair cover have already been laid in the body. And with the help of certain techniques, these regenerative mechanisms begin to activate and give a quick result:
- mesotherapy of hair and scalp (skin nutrition ready and follicle vitamin cocktails);
- electrostimulation (physiotherapy with nutrient mixtures, also known as needleless mesotherapy);
- manual techniques (manual or hardware massage of the scalp to improve circulation and stimulation of hair follicles);
- laser hair treatment ("laser shower" improves microcirculation and helps to strengthen bulbs);
- ozonotherapy of the scalp (ozone - a universal health remedy that normalizes metabolic processes at the cellular level);
- appointment of oral medications (special complexes of vitamins and minerals, biological supplements);
- home treatment against loss (professional lotions, masks, growth stimulants).
The choice of treatment program begins with a diagnosis. For a thorough examination of the scalp and follicles, we use the trichogram, micro video diagnostic and other methods. Often the problem of hair loss is due to a malfunction of the endocrine or digestive system. Consultation with the endocrinologist and gastroenterologist and the tests prescribed by them may be required to determine the diagnosis.
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.