In a world where people are obsessed with DIY and home-made solutions for everything, professional skin care such as facial treatments can be sidelined. Most people believe they can buy over-the-counter products, or make their own at home, to exfoliate, moisturize and remove dead cells from the skin. This begs the question; do you really need to pay money for a professional facial when you can do it on your own?
The answer is a resounding yes and here is why:
• Skin analysis. Unlike home treatments, a professional will be able to analyze your skin type and listen to your concerns. There are tests that skin experts take to know exactly what works for your skin and what doesn’t. This eliminates the terrible outcome of you reacting to certain products.
• Delay the aging process. The best way to ensure your face does not show exactly how old you are is by having a professional facial treatment. The treatment improves blood circulation and stimulates the skin so it looks young and hydrated. It also tightens the skin, prevents wrinkles, gets rid of toxins and promotes growth of new skin.
• Professional facials involve many treatments. The treatment takes from 30 minutes to an hour where you will get the skin analyzed, exfoliated, steamed, masked, peeled and moisturized. The experts will use a plethora of technology, machines and products that will leave your skin rejuvenated and glowing. The experts also massage the face, neck and shoulder to help the client relax. You cannot do all this at home on your own.
• Expert advice. During and after the treatment, the skin care experts will advise you on how to take care of your skin type, the best products to use and what to do every day after the treatment so the results last.
• Remove dead skin, black spots and acne. Many people struggle with skin issues that are caused by internal and external factors. Apart from advice on how to prevent these skin issues, you benefit from treatment that helps get rid of acne, black spots, pimples and old skin cells - allowing new ones to come out. Unlike home treatments where the results will be slow or non-existent, professional facials show results instantly and you can enjoy the glowing skin for days to come.
• Deep cleansing. While most people clean their face more than twice a day and remove makeup, there is still a lot of oil, dirt and toxins that remain on the skin. A good facial treatment helps to deep cleanse the skin and remove all the dirt, oil and toxins from deep within leaving a rejuvenated and youthful skin.
If you are in New York City, you can enjoy the very affordable Silver Mirror facials that cater to both men and women; sensitive skin, acne prone skin, aging and dull skin. A great facial treatment from real skin experts is result-oriented after the skin analysis has been done and it’s not a one-size-fits-all kind of cleanse.
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.