Facebook Pixel

Where do we go for some relief?

By November 12, 2012 - 4:04pm
Rate This

Where can I go to help get my mother some relief? She has this condition and it has caused her terrible distress.....she does not want to live. She cannot eat, speak or function with the sores in her mouth. She has been to see 8 doctors, and they have not been able to help. She goes through about two tubes of orabase a day.
The Mayo Clinic? We are so frustrated and have found no real insight as to how to get rid of these sores. She is on a lot of medication, and that may well be a factor.

Add a Comment1 Comments


Hello martagirl,

I am truly sorry to hear about your mother's suffering. This must be frustrating and painful.

If she has been diagnosed with lichen planus, there is available treatment.
Lichen planus is a disease associated with mouth or skin lesions.

Treatment includes the use of antihistamines, lidocaine mouthwash, and in severe cases, the use of immune-suppressing medications, such as cyclosporine.


November 12, 2012 - 6:26pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Lichen Planus

Get Email Updates

Related Topics

Lichen Planus Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!