Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

What can I use in house to help my cousin with an infected tooth

By Anonymous October 13, 2018 - 1:04pm
Rate This

What can I use in house to help my cousin with an infected tooth

Add a Comment1 Comments


Hello, Anon.

Thank you for your post.

A tooth infection should be treated by a dentist or oral surgeon. Once the bacteria reach the center of the tooth and the tooth becomes infected, pus accumulates in the tooth. The pus in the tooth swells and results in a toothache. If not treated, the infection could spread to the gums and bone of the mouth.

There are things you can do at home in addition to prescribed treatments.
- ice or a cool compress can help if there is swelling.
- rinse with warm salted water often
-you can buy oil of cloves at the drug store to apply to the tooth.
- take over-the-counter pain relievers (if you can take them) such as Advil, Tylenol or Aleve, etc.


October 13, 2018 - 2:22pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Dental & Oral Health

Get Email Updates

Dental & Oral Health Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!