Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

I have rheumatoid arthritis and get a burning sensation on my back. Any advice?

By Anonymous October 30, 2011 - 10:49am
Rate This

I am 59 years old and was recently diagnosed with RA. I have had a stinging or burning feeling on my back area. I have had back xray .(Normal).Pain some time goes down left arm and some hurt burn feeling coming from right neck and up through throat and into jaw. Have gone to heart Dr. EKG done ( normal)...I have been told it is muscle spasms. I hurt all the time from neck to the middle of my back, sometimes even moving to chest . What else can I do, or what type of Dr do I need to see or what test do I need to take....I have no Ins but have been paying on payments plan. I will do what ever to find out what is going on.
Thank you ,
Rita fron Texas

Add a Comment1 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

Have you had a mri on your neck? I had similar issues and mine was due to herniated disc in my neck. Had surgery about 6 weeks ago and it was successful. A friend also had same issues but her doc had 1st done a mri on her lower back, she asked for a mri of her neck and they found she had herniated disc. She had the surgery as well and it was also successful. Hope this helps, Tammy

October 30, 2011 - 11:07am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Get Email Updates

Related Topics

Rheumatoid Arthritis Guide


Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!