Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

I have a red spot on my nose it has been there for a while. Someone said that I must have gotten frostbite in the past. But i think the spot has changed? I asked my dr a while ago about it and he said not to worry. That was before i think it changed.

By Anonymous March 25, 2010 - 6:20am
Rate This

I am just worried about skin cancer. What do I do?

Add a Comment1 Comments

Hi Anonymous

Any time you have a skin lesion or spot which is changing, it is a good idea to check in with a dermatologist. It may be nothing big, sometimes you can get a little broken blood vessel or hemangioma and it isn't a big deal. But skin and skin lesions can be a little tricky to identify sometimes, because a lot of different spots, rashes, or lesions can look very similar. A dermatologist is the doctor who specializes in sorting that out. I wouldn't get overly concerned or worried, but it is worth having it looked at by a dermatologist to ease your mind and take care of it if you need to. While you are there the doc can give your body a once over look for other spots, and then even if nothing is found, you have a baseline exam for the future. There really is no downside to making an appointment now.

March 25, 2010 - 6:34am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.