Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

I am older black women and my hair is one type in the front and another type in the back one sm patch on my right side is differnt my edgers are coming out what can I do

By Anonymous September 29, 2018 - 8:38am
Rate This

I am having a problem with my hair around my edges, and a small spot on my right side is very thin

Add a Comment1 Comments


Hello, Anon. Thank you for posting!

I don't know your age (you say you are an older lady) but thinning hair and changes in hair texture in women 50+ is not uncommon. Usually, it's gradual, but if these changes have come on suddenly, you should mention it to your doctor to be sure it's not related a new (or current medication) you may be taking, underlying health concern, or vitamin deficiency. Ask your hairstylist her opinion and if he or she has changed hair products or dyes (if you color your hair). More information below. Copy/paste the link.



September 29, 2018 - 12:50pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Hair Loss

Get Email Updates

Hair Loss Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!