Facebook Pixel

Comment Reply

Did your doctor tell you the medical term for prolonged periods? It is called "hypermenorrhea", and will help you search for information related to this condition. You can review this page for comments from other women experiencing prolonged periods, as well as treatment options at: EmpowHER Condition: hypermenorrhea.

Do you have any questions about D&C specifically? If so, you can start reading about this procedure (very common procedure!) that another women experienced at: Gina shares her D&C procedure (Video).

Lastly, you might be interested in learning more about uterine fibriods, including alternative treatments, causes and expert advice: Uterine Fibroids

Let us know if you need any additional information!

October 27, 2011 - 7:30pm


Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy