Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

My period is late after taking the morning after pill

By Anonymous February 12, 2011 - 5:12am
Rate This

Alright, this is all new to me. This is my only source, i cant go to the doctor because im only 17, and i always go to the doctor with my mum. If i went without her she would be suspicious, and ask a million questions. Plus, she doesnt even know i've had sex. I really need help.
On January 2, my boyfriend and i had sex unprotected for the first time ever, i was quite literally shocked and scared. The next morning i took the morning after pill - this was my first ever time taking it. About 4 - 5 days later i started bleeding which lasted about 4 days, (i also got cramping, which i have never before experienced with a period). My period date is usually between the 19 - 23rd of the month, in December my period came as usual. Only, its now the 12th of February and there is no sign of a period. Im starting to really stress. I have taken a home pregnancy test, in which came back negative. But the stress is starting to take over me. i cant sleep at night, this is all i can think about, plus im not eating properly. Please help me to atleast feel reassured.

Add a Comment154 Comments

EmpowHER Guest

Hi, The last time I've had sex was January 4 of this year & my boyfriend ejaculated inside of me. I've taken the 'Take Action' pill Saturday, January 7. My last period was December 13 and today it's the 10. I am very worried, could I be pregnant? I feel no signs of my period about to come on and no signs of pregnancy now. My last period came on late, I had horrible abdominal pains, felt like I was about to fall out at work and it only lasted about 4 days and the first day it was just spotting. Now, after having sex on the 4th, I haven't felt any signs or anything. And my period tracker app says I'm 4 days late... please give me some advice.

January 10, 2017 - 9:01pm

Hi, can someone please help asap!! I had sex on the last day of my period. I had basically no - slight spotting left till then. I took the morning and after pill within 2 hours of intercourse and bled after 8 days of the pill. I had sex again but used protection. My period was last on the 10th of December and have been experiencing cramps for the past week. My periods are very regular and I should get my period today 10/12 but still nothing and I am getting very very worried now. I have taken two pregnancy tests today one early morning and late night but both have came out negative. Can you please help. When can I expect my period? Why am I late? Please help asap.

January 10, 2017 - 2:24pm
EmpowHER Guest

Hello, Mary Ann thanks for the Reply However I did still took nordette twice within a month, and now am not sure if what I am experiencing are side effects or if I am pregnant I am still afraid to take the pregnancy test until now. I am still waiting for the withdrawal bleeding I took the last dose Dec. 28. I have been feeling bloated, cramps and the feeling of vomiting and its almost a week now... I hope I am not pregnant but because of the side effects of nordette , or am just so paranoid and worried.. Hope to be ready to have the test by the end of this week am praying that result would be negative....

January 9, 2017 - 10:40pm
EmpowHER Guest

Ok , so I'm 17 I had unprotected sex on the 26th of December and took the morning after pill the very next day at about 12 (mid day). It is now the 8th and I have had no signs that my period is coming, it was dude today but I haven't got any cramps or anything. I had a little bit of nausea a couple of days after I took the pill but still waiting for my period to come. Frekaing out because I haven't even had any blotching.... Pls help

January 7, 2017 - 4:33pm
EmpowHER Guest

Hello, would like to share my experience in taking up nordette.. Had my period November 21 and had sex Nov. 30 was so afraid because he ejaculated inside me.. Took up 4pills Dec. 2 at 7pm and 4 pills 7am December 03, had my withdrawal bleeding Dec 9 lasted up to Dec. 11. I was expecting to have my period at around 19 to 23 but i still don't have it up to now and again we did it again Dec.27 we used the withdrawal method and condom however am still unsure so I took 4 pill at 4am today, now am having second thoughts of taking up 2nd dose because am worried of the side effects.. Please help will it be okay to take the 2nd dose and can a I take a PT afterwards??

December 27, 2016 - 6:15pm
Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello Anonymous,

Please do not take the second dose of Nordette. An emergency contraceptive should never be taken more than once during a one month period of time and not two months in a row.

Though the withdrawal method is not 100% effective, in your case, you had the protection of the condom. There was no need to take Nordette again.

No need to take a pregnancy test now. Wait for either bleeding or your next period to start. If you do not get your next period, please call and speak with your gynecologist.

The concern is not pregnancy but a hormonal imbalance caused by taking Nordette again today.


December 28, 2016 - 9:37am
EmpowHER Guest
Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Hello again, now am bleeding heavy am not sure if its my period or withdrawal bleeding..is there any chance i'm pregnant??? Ior just the effect of nordette I took last dec. 28,, its almost the same like my period though with blood clots also and painful, plsss help I was suppose to take a test but then I bled, when can I get a preg test just to make sure am not pregnant?? thanks thanks

January 13, 2017 - 2:06am
EmpowHER Guest
Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Hello, thanks for the reply, however I took the 2nd dose because am too worried and paranoid.. I have not taken a pregnancy test yet, and I still don't have my period or the withdrawal bleeding after taking the Nordette Dec. 28. First week of January I have been feeling cramps, sore breast and the feeling of vomiting is this a side effect of the ecp? I am too afraid to take the test until now and still hoping its just the effect of the ECP.

January 9, 2017 - 6:01pm
EmpowHER Guest
Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Hi! mark here :)

me and my Gf had sex on jan 4 and I let her take nordette on 6 7am then 7pm and her last period is on dec 28 which mean we had sex on her 8th cycle shes said she usually have a long period and her last period last 36 days and I read in some research study that ovulation day is usually in the middle of your cycle means if you have a 28 days cycle your ovulation is gonna occur somewhere between 12 to 16 and 30 or more cycle means your O day is push more to 15 to 20 and her period normally around 30 or more that means she have a lower chance of getting pregnant since she have long cycle and I also read that 4 days before O day is fertile day and the chances are -5 5%, -4 15%, 3 10%, -2 25%, -1 33%, 0 25% and +1 25% and 33% is the highest chance you can get if you want to get pregnant and research says the nordette is 75% to 90% if taken within 75 hours and itll make the 8% chance to 2% pregnancy rate and extremely effective, I used withdrawal method I know its not a good BC but its better than nothing and I might let a drop of sperm inside here even thought I didnt ejaculated inside her Ive also read that out of 300 mil sperm in a full ejaculation only 1 million will get at the cervix and half of that will get lost and around a dozen to a hundred will get to the fallopian tube means a drop will most like will not get through but I know theres a chance and I also know that sperm can live up to 5 days but thats rare most of them just live for 2 days to 3
yeah Im so dedicated at researching and its already long enough hahahah I wanna say more but its already long
I pretty much sure that shes not pregnant cuz I even let her take morning after pill and were far from her O day were just waiting for withdrawal bleeding that comes with the pill side effect and I know that if she got withdrawal bleeding itll be late for her normal mens since all of the hormone
I just want a opinion from someone who knows more than me
so what do you think is her chances of getting pregnant? TY :)

January 9, 2017 - 12:40am
EmpowHER Guest

my vigina also discharging white liquid what is this ? is this sign of pregnancy ? discharging is start from the 2nd day of sex .

October 19, 2016 - 11:01am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Menstrual Cycle

Get Email Updates

Related Checklists

Menstrual Cycle Guide

HERWriter Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!